Boat and Leisure Vehicle
Manufacturers of marine and leisure vehicles have relied on Caster Concepts for help in improving safety, increasing productivity, and solving unique challenges that arise during the production process. One such challenge involved a leading manufacturer of boats and yachts. They were having an issue moving a large cart of dies and castings from their press area to the facility’s stamping area which required a 90-degree turn. This not only caused a bottleneck but also increased the chance of overexertion injuries to the employees.
The implementation of two Conversion Drive Casters.® on the tail ends of the carts allowed for a high level of steering control when maneuvering in the restricted space. The risk of injury due to overexertion was eliminated, as was the bottleneck in productivity.
Engineered for Better Ergonomics and to Handle Extreme Weight Capacities.
In addition to a full line of industrial casters offering a wide range of benefits from ergonomics to extreme weight capacities, we also offer custom engineered casters that are designed and built specifically for the challenges of each unique application.
- Height restrictions
- Push force limitations
- Resistance to chemicals
- Resistance to heat or moisture
- Shock and load protection
Our Modern Suspension line of casters are a completely aluminum line of casters that are shock absorbing and resist corrosion.
- Available in many sizes and weight capacities.
- The dual wheel models offer independent suspension, ideal for applications that encounter ramps, uneven flooring, gravel, and rough flooring.
- Aluminum Max Capacity: 6,500 lbs
- Steel Max Capacity: 25,000 lbs
Pneumatic and Semi-Pneumatic Wheels are a great choice for outdoor use, especially on rough and uneven surfaces including gravel, cracked cement, thresholds, and other surface environments. The pneumatic tires cushion the load and roll over obstructions with ease
- Tires available in hardened solid wheels or air pressured tires
- Ideal for outdoor use and various environments
- Max Capacity: 7,260 lbs
Significant reduction in initial and continuous push force make TWERGO® the ultimate ergonomic caster.
- Unique tread thickness minimizes friction and eliminates scrubbing and sliding when turning
- Reduces initial and continuous push force by 25%
- Designed to last longer with aluminum cores that won’t rust or corrode
- Minimizes scrubbing and dispels debris.
- Max Capacity: 4,200 lbs
Heavy Duty Casters are manufactured to withstand abusive applications. The heat-treated raceways help prevent brinelling. The laser-cut formed legs provide additional strength when side loading or skidding is prevalent.
- Wide selection available
- Custom engineered casters available for unique applications
- Aluminum casters or Zinc plated metal to reduce risk of corrosion
- Numerous wheel options from poly to rubber to steel and more
At Conveyor Concepts, we offer a wide variety of custom polyurethane V-rollers. We have the full polyurethane capabilities to formulate the exact polyurethane needed for your application and machine our parts to the most exact tolerances.
- Custom Sizes are available from 4 inches to 24 inches
- Custom machining capabilities for brackets and shafts
- Various Polyurethane formulations are available
The Drive Caster™ is designed to move tons easily and efficiently while offering the flexibility to
integrate into a variety of applications, above and beyond industrial carts and racks. This motor-driven
caster is powered by a 1/2 hp electric motor that can move up to 5,000lbs total weight per caster.
- The industry’s first motor-powered industrial caster
- Can easily be integrated into most carts, racks and carriers
- Great for heavy load applications
Conversion Drive Caster
The Conversion Drive Caster converts your existing material handling carts into Motor Powered Carts,
quickly and easily. Simply remove one swivel caster and bolt in the Conversion Drive Caster and away
you go. Can be used in almost any setting where a manually pushed cart was previously used to move
loads up to 5,000lbs.
- Convert existing carts into powered carts
- Fully integrated solution
- Virtually eliminate risk of overexertion injuries
- Reduce operators needed to move heavy loads.
Our case studies page features many stories from our customers about how we went beyond standard and
crafted the perfect caster for their unique applications.
Come see how our conversion drive caster helped one of the largest boat and yacht manufacturers increase productivity.
Take a look at how our custom heavy-duty casters helped turn dream yachts into reality.
Unique challenges require custom solutions, solutions that are built to exact specifications. Our flexible
manufacturing process enables us to build the exact caster for your needs. If you don’t find the exact caster
for your needs, take a look at our custom CAD configurator, or contact us and we will design and build the exact caster for your needs.
- All of our casters are built-to-order and to exact specifications.
- We don’t follow the cookie-cutter manufacturing system used by other caster manufacturers
- We offer engineering design services as well as our custom configurator.
- Design custom CAD models that can easily be integrated into your models.