Aviation & Aerospace Industry Casters
Aerospace is a very demanding industry, heavy loads, weather and environmental challenges, coupled with the stringent safety standards require superior products. The type of products that Caster Concepts is known for building. We offer a complete line of aerospace industry casters that are up to par for the grueling demands of aerospace applications, as well as Modern Suspension Systems casters, including their line of completely aluminum casters, that are light weight and corrosion resistant, yet durable.
In addition to our standard caster wheel products, we offer the capability to design a caster to meet your exact needs, and download a CAD model of that caster. We have designed and built several custom casters specifically for aerospace aviation companies, including the largest airplane manufacturer in the world, military contractors, private jet and helicopter manufacturers. Just another example of how we go Beyond Standard!
Air Cargo Weight Cart Caster
Modern Suspension Systems, a line manufactured by Caster Concepts, was created to provide
casters for the Aerospace industry that are heavy duty, shock absorbing, and corrosion resistant.
Most major airlines, aircraft manufacturers and ground support service providers choose Modern.
- Heavy Duty Shock Absorption
- 4 Position Swivel Lock (at 3, 6, 9, 12 Positions)
- 12,500lbs Max Load Capacity
Pneumatic Wheel Swivel Caster
Pneumatic wheels are ideal for applications where there is rough or wet outdoor terrain. Pneumatic
wheels perform through the elements and ensure that your equipment stands up to the daily challenges
that the aerospace industry faces.
- Rubber Wheel
- Great for Wet Environments
- 7,500lbs Max Load Capacity
Heavy Duty Dual Wheel with Brake
Industrial Heavy Duty Casters are often used to move TONS, whether it’s a 4,000lb load, 200,000lb load,
or even greater, you can rely on Caster Concepts to provide the exact caster for the application. A brake
can reduce the amount of injuries that happen on the shop floor.
- Dual Wheel Polyurethane on Iron
- Foot brake to lock wheels
- 50,000lbs Max Load Capacity
Extra Heavy Duty Low Profile
Extra Heavy Duty Caster is designed and built to carry the heaviest loads while delivering the longest
cyclelife and flawless performance. The low profile ensures a small overall height and helps increase
the load capacity.
- Extra Heavy Duty
- Low Profile Design
- 30,000lbs Max Load Capacity
Ground support equipment is utilized to service aircraft before, after, and between flights. Caster Concepts
supplies casters and wheels for ground support equipment around the world, providing industry-leading
motion solutions from the ground up.
- Maintenance Free
- Pneumatic and Semi-Pneumatic
- Ergonomic, reduces force exerted to turn
Pneumatic dual wheel casters are ideal for aircraft engine stands and maintenance stands.
Superior performance in tough conditions on rough terrain make Pneumatic Wheels a great choice.
These casters provide longer wheel life, less maintenance and high shock absorbency.
- Pneumatic Dual Wheel
- Ideal for outdoor use and wet environments
- 7,200lbs Max Load Capacity
- Could be used for Aircraft Recovery Dolly’s
The Drive Caster™ is designed to move tons easily and efficiently, while offering the flexibility to
integrate into a variety of applications, above and beyond industrial carts and racks. This motor driven
caster, is powered by a 1/4hp or 1/2hp electric motor, that can move up to 5,000lbs total weight per caster.
- The industry’s first motor powered industrial caster
- Can easily be integrated into most carts, racks and carriers
- Great for heavy load applications
Conversion Drive Caster
The Conversion Drive Caster converts your existing material handling carts into Motor Powered Carts,
quickly and easily. Simply remove one swivel caster and bolt in the Conversion Drive Caster and away
you go. Can be used in almost any setting where a manually pushed cart was previously used to move
loads up to 5,000lbs.
- Convert existing carts into powered carts
- Fully integrated solution
- Virtually eliminate risk of overexertion injuries
- Reduce operators needed to move heavy loads.
Our case studies page features many stories from our customers about how we went beyond standard and
crafted the perfect caster for their unique applications. We’ve highlighted a few case studies below:
Check out this shock absorbing dual TWERGO® caster that this airplane manufacturer used.
Take a look at the largest TWERGO® wheels that we have made to date.
Unique challenges require custom solutions, solutions that are built to exact specifications. Our flexible
manufacturing process enables us to build the exact caster for your needs. If you don’t find the exact caster
for your needs, take a look at our custom CAD configurator, or contact us and we will design and build the
exact caster for your needs.
- All of our casters are built-to-order and to exact specifications.
- We don’t follow the cookie cutter manufacturing system used by other caster manufacturers
- We offer engineering design services as well as our custom configurator.
- Design custom CAD models that can easily be integrated into your models.