Tips Specifying a Caster or Wheel for an Application of 15,000 lbs. and Greater
Are you searching for an industrial caster that can safely handle 15,000 pounds or more? Are you having trouble solving a specific problem such as difficult swiveling, protection of payload, overall height constraints, extreme heat, rough floor conditions or high maintenance cost? There is an industrial caster on the market for you. A 15,000 pound or greater capacity application is a tough application and with the right combination of materials, bearings, swivel leads, and overall height you can solve most any material handling problem that you may encounter. Below is a summary of products characteristics that should assist in the specification of an appropriate product.
Dual Wheel Caster
1. Ideal for powered moving instead of manual pushing with a capacity of 17,000 pounds
2. Has a greater load distribution on the floor as well as a vertical center leg that enhances the load distribution.
3. Lowest overall height of any heavy duty caster which allows for a more accommodating product.
4. Designed for greater strength and longevity with the legs being welded to a unique skirt.
5. Applications include tow lines, industrial platform trucks, rugged industrial functions and other severe abuse applications.
Super Duty Shock Absorbing Caster
1. This product is ideal for applications where cushioning is needed at high capacity.
2. The spring compression can be engineered to start at a few hundred pounds. The springs cushion the loads and result in quiet empty returns.
3. In normal configurations the swivel sections will carry 3 to 4 times more than the listed 20,000 pound capacity.
4. While towing these shock absorbing casters the long swivel leads reduce shimmying and vibrations in the caster.
5. Applications include jet engine dollies, aircraft jacks, in-plant trailers, revolving signs and many others.
Heavy Duty Kingpinless Caster
1. Extra heavy duty kingpinless caster with a capacity of 20,000 pounds
2. Hot forged swivel section made from 1045 steel and heat treated.
3. The kingpinless design gives the caster a longer useful life with a lower price.
4. Kingpinless allows the swivel section easier swiveling under heavy loads.
5. Uses of this caster are, die carts, tooling fixtures, air craft engine stands, ground support equipment, mobile military equipment and many more.
Precision King Pin Style Caster
1. Extra heavy duty caster with a capacity of 17,000 pounds.
2. Hot forged swivel section with 1045 steel and heat treat
3. The kingpin style caster with a precision load bearing and slotted adjusting adds strength and longevity to the life of the swivel section
4. This is ideal for high load capacities where the caster will be under constant swiveling with a large load.
5. Applications include die carts, towed trailers, automotive plant equipment, aircraft maintenance stands, and boat dollies
Super Heavy Duty Kingpin Caster
1. Super heavy duty caster with a capacity of 35,000 pounds for the toughest application
2. Hot forging of swivel section will add lifelong strength when manufactured with 1045 steel
3. Choose this caster when you are protecting the most valuable payloads.
4. Production prices, and the series offers flexibility and comfort in product design.
5. The dual load race design assures smooth rotation of the caster.
6. Applications include die handling, marine and automotive applications, aerospace and aircraft ground support equipment.
The five groups listed above have unique qualities that should assist you in finding the most appropriate product for your application. At Caster Concepts, Inc. we will work with you to help you find the product that best fits your needs. Caster Concepts, Inc. is an ISO 9001-2008 certified designer and manufacturer of a comprehensive line of industrial casters, ranging from a medium-duty series to a heavy-duty series to meet any application. CCI also manufactures caster wheels to withstand impact, corrosion, temperature extremes and chemicals found in harsh industrial environments. These multi-functional casters and wheels serve a variety of applications in the industrial, automotive, food service, aerospace, material handling and other demanding markets. Learn more about the entire family of Caster Concepts companies – Reaction Industries, LLC, The Machine Center, Fabricating Concepts, LLC, and Triple E Manufacturing by visiting the most comprehensive web site in the caster industry at: https://www.casterconcepts.com/.