Constant Caster Replacement Costing Automotive Manufacturer Thousands Monthly
We Build Trust
- Hard plastic wheels needed to be replaced every 3 months
- Wheels were wearing quickly due to debris pickup
- Replacement costs adding up to $90,000 per year
A top-three automotive manufacturer was having issues with the hard-plastic wheels used on their material handling carts. The wheels would constantly pick up floor debris and would wear quickly.
The wear and debris also caused more friction, making the carts harder to push and exposing operators to overexertion injuries. Not even figuring in the cost of potential worker compensation, the replacement wheels alone were adding up to approximately $90,000 a year.
- THE SOLUTION: Twergo® 6×3” and 8×3” Wheels
- Wheels rotate independently and in any direction with a minimum of rolling resistance
- Tapered tread dispels debris and minimizes wear, reducing the risk of damage to tread and overexertion injuries
The company switched to Maintenance-free Twergo 6×3” (to accommodate a swivel box) and 8×3” ergonomic wheels.
Twergo wheels feature a twin wheel design that spins independently, minimizing friction when turning. The parabolic wheel face ensures less force to move carts and less pickup of floor debris.
- Caster cost $70 x 4 for a cart = $280 per cart
- 20 carts at $280 = $5,600
- Replacement every 3 months= $5,600 x 4= $22,400
- Return on investment for new casters: less than 3 months
By switching to Twergo® wheels, the company was able to expand the casters’ life span to over a year (and they are still going strong). The total cost of the new Twergo Casters was recouped in less than three months. These ergonomic wheels also make it easier to push a cart, with the additional benefits of reducing operator injury.
For more information, Call 888-793-8453 or click to engage representative via