Heavy Duty Casters that move Several Tons
Are you searching for heavy-duty caster capacity that can safely handle 15,000 pounds or more? Are you having trouble solving a specific problem such as difficult swiveling, protection of payload, overall height constraints, extreme heat, rough floor conditions, or high maintenance costs? Then we have an industrial solution for you.
At 15,000 pounds and above, more factors need to be taken into consideration. And with the right combination of materials, bearings, swivel leads, and overall height, you can accomplish any material handling challenge you face. Below is a summary of product characteristics that should assist in the specification of an appropriate product.
Dual Wheel Caster — Ideal for powered moving instead of manual pushing with a capacity of 17,000 pounds
- Offers a greater load distribution on the floor as well as a vertical center leg that enhances the load distribution.
- Lowest overall height of any heavy-duty caster, allowing for a more accommodating product.
- Designed for greater strength and longevity: the legs are welded to a unique skirt.
- Used in applications including tow lines, industrial platform trucks, rugged industrial functions and other severe abuse applications.
Super Duty Shock Absorbing Caster — Ideal for applications where cushioning is needed at high capacity.
- The spring compression cushions the load and can be engineered to start at a few hundred pounds.
- Swivel sections carry 3 to 4 times more than the listed 20,000-pound capacity in normal configurations
- The long swivel leads reduce shimmying and vibrations in the caster when towing
- Applications include jet engine dollies, aircraft jacks, in-plant trailers, revolving signs, and many others.
Heavy Duty Kingpinless Caster — Extra heavy-duty kingpinless caster with a capacity of 20,000 pounds
- Hot forged swivel section made from 1045 steel and heat treated.
- Kingpinless design gives the caster a longer useful life at a lower price.
- Swivel section swivels easier under heavy loads.
- Uses of this caster include die carts, tooling fixtures, aircraft engine stands, ground support equipment, mobile military equipment and many more.
Precision King Pin Style Caster — Extra heavy duty caster with a capacity of 17,000 pounds.
- Hot forged swivel section with 1045 steel and heat treated
- Precision load-bearing and slotted adjusting adds strength and longevity to swivel section
- Ideal for high load capacities where the caster is constantly swiveling with a large load.
- Applications include die carts, towed trailers, automotive plant equipment, aircraft maintenance stands, and boat dollies
Super Heavy Duty Kingpin Caster — Super heavy duty caster with a capacity of 35,000 pounds
- Hot forging of swivel section will add lifelong strength when manufactured with 1045 steel
- Choose this caster when you are protecting the most valuable payloads.
- Production prices, and the series offers flexibility and comfort in product design.
- The dual load race design assures smooth rotation of the caster.
- Applications include die handling, marine and automotive applications, aerospace and aircraft ground support equipment.
The five groups listed above have unique qualities that should assist you in finding the most appropriate product for your application.
If you need help finding the right Heavy Duty Caster for your challenge, contact us in the manner most convenient for you:
Live Chat ∙ send an email to email@example.com
∙ give us a call at 517-680-7950 and ask to speak to a caster specialist