Warehousing and Distribution
Heavy Duty Caster Wheels for Warehouses
Sound ergonomic practices can make or break a warehousing or distribution business’s bottom line. Injuries due to overexertion cost U.S businesses over $15 billion dollars in 2012 alone. Using the right material handling equipment is essential for creating the safest possible ergonomic environment in any organization. Caster Concepts offers a wide variety of high quality ergonomic products proven to lower required push and pull forces: Crown casters, TWERGO® wheels, TWERGOLite® wheels, and round tread wheels are excellent solutions for your ergonomic needs.
As one of the well-known caster suppliers, Caster concepts also offers a variety of powered applications for organizations looking to maximize efficiency and reduce the risk of overexertion injuries even further. If these solutions could benefit your business, then you should take a look at our line of of Drive Casters™ or Conversion Drive Casters.
Significant reduction in initial and continuous push force make this caster the ultimate ergonomic
caster. TWERGO® unique tread thickness minimizes friction and eliminates scrubbing and sliding
when turning, while providing the impact resistance of normal wheels.
- Reduce initial and continuous push force by 25%
- Designed to last longer with aluminum cores that won’t rust or corrode
- Minimizes scrubbing and dispels debris.
- Max Capacity: 4,200 lbs
The single wheel version of our extraordinary TWERGO® wheel utilizes the same patented face
design to reduce initial and continuous push force. Ideal for lighter loads that do no require a lot
of turning and maneuvering.
- Durable and strong with a cast iron core
- Ultimate 2″ wide caster wheel
- Higher weight capacity and durability than Balloon/Donut Wheel
- Max Capacity: 1,800 lbs
Round Tread Ergonomic
This popular wheel can be ordered with numerous different tread formulations, ensuring the best tread
material for your specific challenges. Ergonomic advantages include reduced friction which helps to
reduce force needed to push or turn the cart, as well as repelling debris and resisting flat-spotting.
- TR 95 – High weight capacity and resistant to flat-spotting
- HPPT – High weight, powered applications, and resistant to heat
- ErgoTread – Reduced initial and continuous push force.
- TR 85 – Softer touch with tear and debris resistance.
The Drive Caster™ is designed to move tons easily and efficiently, while offering the flexibility to
integrate into a variety of applications, above and beyond industrial carts and racks. This motor driven
caster, is powered by a 1/4hp or 1/2hp electric motor, that can move up to 5,000lbs total weight per caster.
- The industry’s first motor powered industrial caster
- Can easily be integrated into most carts, racks and carriers
- Great for heavy load applications
Conversion Drive Caster
The Conversion Drive Caster converts your existing material handling carts into Motor Powered Carts,
quickly and easily. Simply remove one swivel caster and bolt in the Conversion Drive Caster and away
you go. Can be used in almost any setting where a manually pushed cart was previously used to move
loads up to 5,000lbs.
- Convert existing carts into powered carts
- Fully integrated solution
- Virtually eliminate risk of overexertion injuries
- Reduce operators needed to move heavy loads.
Our case studies page features many stories from our customers about how we went beyond standard and
crafted the perfect caster for their unique applications. We’ve highlighted a few case studies below:
Check out how our TWERGO® wheels reduced the required push force for these tread trucks by up to 60%.
Come see how our TWERGO® Lite wheels lowered an 800lb carts push force to just 2 fingers.
Unique challenges require custom solutions, solutions that are built to exact specifications. Our flexible
manufacturing process enables us to build the exact caster for your needs. If you don’t find the exact caster
for your needs, take a look at our custom CAD configurator, or contact us and we will design and build the
exact caster for your needs.
- All of our casters are built-to-order and to exact specifications.
- We don’t follow the cookie cutter manufacturing system used by other caster manufacturers
- We offer engineering design services as well as our custom configurator.
- Design custom CAD models that can easily be integrated into your models.