American Muscle Casters: Powerful, Proven, and Perfect for Heavy Duty Applications
Need a little muscle to handle problems such as difficulty swiveling, protecting a payload, overall height constraints, extreme heat, rough floor conditions, or high maintenance costs? Then we have an industrial solution for you.
It’s the heavy-duty line of American Muscle Casters by Caster Concepts – the only industrial caster manufacturer that builds its entire product line in the United States. These beautiful brutes are specifically engineered to move materials from 5,000 to 250,000 lbs.
Keeping our production in the United States means you can enjoy pure American Muscle with fewer delays and fewer outsourcing risks. And all American Muscle heavy-duty casters offer specific advantages depending on the application. Below is a summary of product characteristics that should assist you in the specification of an appropriate product.
Dual Wheel Caster — Ideal for powered moving instead of manual pushing. Load rating of 17,000 pounds
- Offers a greater load distribution on the floor and a vertical center leg that enhances the load distribution.
- Lowest overall height of any heavy-duty caster, designed for greater strength and longevity
- Used in applications including tow lines, industrial platform trucks, rugged industrial functions, and other severe abuse applications.
Precision King Pin Style Caster — Extra heavy-duty caster with a load rating of 17,000 pounds.
- Precision load-bearing and slotted adjusting add strength and longevity to the swivel section.
- Ideal for high load capacities where the caster is constantly swiveling with a large load.
- Applications include towed trailers, automotive plant equipment, aircraft maintenance stands, and boat dollies.
Heavy Duty Kingpinless Caster — Extra heavy-duty kingpinless caster with a capacity of 20,000 pounds
- Kingpinless design gives the caster a longer useful life at a lower price.
- Swivel section swivels easier under heavy loads.
- Uses of this caster include die carts, tooling fixtures, aircraft engine stands, ground support equipment, mobile military equipment, and many more.
Precious Cargo: Dual Wheel Shock Absorbing Casters Helps Carry 65,000 lb. Jet Engines
A manufacturer of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) needed casters that could support 65,000 lb. jet engines, in addition to the 4,000 lb. weight of the vehicle. These engines are valued at several million dollars each, so a secure and safe cargo is priority 1.
Caster Concepts provided Dual Wheel Shock Absorbing Casters with fully independent suspension and a maximum weight capacity of 25,000 lbs. The design of these heavy-duty casters keeps all of the vehicle’s wheels on the ground and the cart level, even if the ground isn’t. They also reduce the impact of shock while alleviating excessive stress being put on just one wheel.
Extra Heavy-Duty Shock Absorbing Caster — Ideal for applications where cushioning is needed. Load rating of up to 25,000 lbs.
- The spring compression cushions the load and can be engineered to start at a few hundred pounds.
- Swivel sections carry 3 to 4 times more than the listed 20,000-pound capacity in normal configurations.
- The long swivel leads reduce shimmying and vibrations in the caster when towing.
- Applications include jet engine dollies, aircraft jacks, in-plant trailers, revolving signs, and many others.
Super Heavy-Duty Kingpin Caster — Load rating of 35,000 pounds
- Choose this caster when you are protecting the most valuable payloads.
- The dual load race design assures smooth rotation of the caster.
- Applications include die handling, marine, automotive applications, aerospace, and aircraft ground support equipment.
Need less push force? Need more power? Then muscle up to Caster Concepts.
With experience in every industry, from aviation to marine manufacturing, we are proud to keep your business moving with our American-made products. Whether it’s a 4,000 lb. load or a 250,000 lb. load, our American Muscle Industrial Casters are designed to overcome challenges such as extreme heat and cold, moisture, and chemicals both efficiently and ergonomically.