Caster Concepts’ SOS caster heeds the call for workplace safety, delivers ergonomic solutions to factory employees
Albion, MI – Caster Concepts Inc. (CasterConcepts.com), a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty industrial casters, wheels and rigs, unveiled the Swivel on Swivel (SoS) Caster that significantly reduces operator fatigue through the unique design that features two kingpinless, maintenance free swivel section rigs.
The Swivel on Swivel Caster is the latest addition to the Caster Concepts line of ergonomic products designed to reduce the risk of workplace injuries, while increasing productivity and efficiency.
The Swivel on Swivel Caster is the most cutting-edge caster on the market today, says Dr. William Dobbins, president and CEO of Caster Concepts. SoS reduces the amount of force needed to turn and maneuver a cart, and to start rolling a cart when all the wheels are not parallel.
“The amount of force needed to initiate cart movement can cause a lot of stress on the body. Over time, the force needed to move heavy carts can have a lasting effect on muscles and bones, ” says Dobbins, a retired physician.
Caster Concepts’ field tests determined that the SoS Caster reduces operator push force by almost 40 percent compared to conventional swivel section rigs. By reducing the push force, the caster will help reduce the risk of injuries from over-exertion due to pushing and pulling. Over-exertion remains the leading cause of workplace injuries in the United States, costing businesses more than $15 billion.
Here’s a look at the benefits of the SoS Caster:
- Eliminates side shifting, maneuvering much easier, reducing exertion and stress on operators
- The swivel on swivel design reduces the turn radius, requiring less space and force exerted needed to maneuver .
- Eliminates wheel flutters on powered applications, such as AGV’s and Tuggers
The Swivel on Swivel rig is the newest addition to Caster Concepts’ ergonomic and workplace safety products, which includes the following:
- Total Lock Brake: A brake system that will totally eliminate wheel pivots and shifting in the stop position. It’s fixed foot pedal makes the brake easy to engage, reducing the need for operators to bend to activate or the need to search for brakes that shift when wheels move.
- ErgoMaxx: A rig designed to reduce the amount of push-force required to turn or start rolling when all the wheels are not parallel. The maintenance-free ErgoMaxx will reduce shoulder and back injuries.
- TWERGO® : This is a multi-wheel-in-one caster wheel, with a patented face design that reduces energy exerted to start, turn and continue rolling. TWERGO® comes with twin or triple wheels that rotate separately, reducing friction when turning, resulting in less force exerted to turn. When tested against conventional caster wheels, TWERGO® achieves 25 percent average reduction in initial push force needed to start moving a cart.”
- TWERGO® Lite: TWERGO® Lite is the ultimate two-inch wide caster. It achieves an average of 25 percent reduction in initial push force on loads totaling 2600 pounds or less. It takes advantage of the patented face design that our TWERGO® wheel offers, but does not have the dual wheel friction reducing capabilities or weight capacity of TWERGO®. TWERGO® Lite is designed to replace the standard two-inch wide caster and add ergonomic benefits while staying competitively priced.
- ErgoTread: This uniquely designed polyurethane tread that returns energy, resulting in less force exerted to begin and continue rolling. This custom formulation also achieves a high resistance to debris, reduces noise and won’t damage most flooring.
- CasterShoX®: CasterShoX® casters were created with a patented shock-absorbing technology. Its innovative design integrates the company’s patented SHOX absorption system. The design muffles roughly 70 percent of cart noise. This caster also dissipates shock at the source, reducing impact.
For further information or a quote please contact us at email@example.com or call 517-629-8838